Few things put a place on a map more than having its own official currency. So to help LEGOLAND stand out in Florida’s cluttered tourist attraction market, we partnered with Travelex to introduce LEGOLAND Dollars, which can be spent at the resort, to foreign currency exchange boards in international airports.
- 2016 Silver Cannes Lion, Media—Best Use of Ambient Media
- 2016 Cannes Lion Shorlist, Direct—Best Use of Ambient Media
- 2015 Bronze, YoungGuns Awards
- 22% increase in park visits
- 21% increase in park revenue
- 48 locations sold out
As always, it was a lot of fun to get a little weird with Captain Brickbeard.
We created a Legoland Dollars section for Travelex's website that showed tourists some of the fun things they could use Legoland Dollars for at the resort, and to help them find their closest participating exchange location. It also drove them to a Legoland Florida trip-booking page.
CD: Harsh Kapadia
ACD: Laurie Hollar
AD: Nils Philipon / Edi Loyola
CW: Scott Muska